Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sleeping Baby Productions

I just wanted to take a minute to write about a product that I ordered recently online. Sleeping Baby Productions provides slings for "baby wearing". They are made by Jan, a stay-at-home mother, who has been using them herself since her first child was born 9 years ago. The site is awesome, containing resources for helping you get comfortable with wearing a baby sling in addition to the products. If it is possible to feel "at home" browsing a website, that is the way I feel about visiting SBP. Not only does Jan make the slings to sell, but she has a pattern of her slings posted on the site so that, technically, you can just make your own. (Please read what she has to say about this carefully though.)

Of course, you'd be pretty hard pressed to find better prices. You can spend as little as $22 or you can get one of the fancy dupioni silk ones for $80. There are slings at every price in between too. Plus, Jan does custom orders.

I was fairly strapped for cash, but I ordered one of her basic $25 slings for myself and one for my friend, Jessica, who is expecting her first baby in June.

I've worn slings before with my daughter, Kieradyn, but Jan has perfected a pleated shoulder that makes the sling more versatile than most and very comfortable. (I'm left handed and have had trouble with slings being fashioned with the typical right handed person in mind.)The fabric spreads across the shoulder and back, and I have always loved how ring slings are highly adjustable, which makes it more comfortable for mom and baby. The long tail makes a great covering for breast-feeding mom's too.

If you are unfamiliar with ring slings, don't worry. Jan does an excellent job of introducing you to slings and baby wearing. From the construction of a sling to all of the different ways to "wear your baby", she's got ya well covered.

Plus, there are some great accessories. I hope to order my daughter a little sling for her dolls soon, and I'll probably get one of the snap on pouches to carry things like my car keys and phone while I'm out and about with the kids.

So, if anyone who is interested happens to stumble across my humble blog, I hope you'll check out Sleeping Baby Productions here: There's even free shipping through the month of May!

((Note: I have not been solicited to do this. I mean, what would be the point? I don't even have a single follower for my blog at this point. I just really enjoy the product.))

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging community. Looks like you have a good start on your blog, thanks for following mine. I look forward to reading more from you.
    SQ

    ReplyDelete