Friday, May 8, 2009

Kieradyn-isms

I was sitting down last night with my husband, reflecting on some of the cute things Kieradyn has come up with since learning to talk.

One of our favorites occurred last summer when we traveled from Indiana to Iowa for my brother-in-law's wedding. When first crossing the Mississippi, my husband tried to get her to say the name of The Big River to little success. A little while later, when she caught sight of it again, the then two year old looked at me quite earnestly. "Mommy, Daddy says that's for-my-sippy (cup)."

Often, I find myself wondering why we ever taught the girl to talk--especially since she's started into the talking back phase! Little moments like that, though, make it all worthwhile.

2 comments:

  1. Hey I loved your most recent blog! Kids say the FUNNIEST things sometimes :) I saw you are following me which is awsome cause I think we'll have fun sharing these stories. Oh, by the way, welcome to the stay at home mom world! Its a rough but rewarding one...especially if you've been a hard worker all your life. Also I check out some of your interesting Ads on my way out ;) If you have some time I've got some neat ones on my page too check em out. Well, I look forward to more stories! Talk 2 u soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute. I love the name Kieradyn, it is beautiful.

    SQ

    ReplyDelete